Saturday, December 17, 2011

Easy Roasted Vegetables


My cute friend Marcy brought this to book club last week and I couldn't keep my hands off of it.  I may or may not have had 3-4 servings of it.  I may or may not have picked at it throughout the night and I may or may not have threatened Marcy that if the recipe wasn't in my hands 2.5 seconds after she got home that she was in trouble.  She obliged and I got it right away.  Woot!

Easy Roasted Vegetables

1 ¼ lbs. red potatoes, scrubbed and quartered
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp chili powder
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp thyme
1/8 tsp pepper
3 medium zucchini, cut into large chunks
2 red bell peppers cut into strips
1 sweet onion, sliced

Preheat oven to 450. Combine potatoes and oil in a 9x13 pan. Bake 15 mins. 
Meanwhile, combine chili powder, cumin, salt, thyme, and pepper in a small bowl. 
Add to the potatoes. Then add zucchini, bell peppers, and onion- toss to coat. 
Bake until vegetables are tender about 25 minutes longer.

***I used 2 zucchini and 2 yellow squash

No comments: